HISTORICAL TOUR IN THE FAUBOURG DU DESSUS* or
FAUBOURG SAINTE QUITTERIE
RUE SAINTE QUITTERIE or RUE LONGUE
from the small car park near the war memorial to Tomat mill
From the Middle Ages until 1837it known as Main street or Long street. It ran through the suburb upstream called faubourgSainte Quitterie as the parish church dedicated to Sancta Quitteyra stood there.
This suburb, called « barry » in this area, was the site of the original village of Rive Haute (Ripa Alta) which preceded the foudation of the bastide. Three public buidings indicated that this « faubourg » was, until the 19th century, very populated, with thriving business : the parish church of Sainte Quitterie which stood north of the cemetery and pulled down in 1868 ; the town's hospital (the old building of the secondary school) ; and the seigneurial mill of Plaisance (Rosapelly-Tomat mill).
• faubourg : suburb
• de dessus : upstream
Mairie de Plaisance du Gers
3 Place du 8 Mai 1945-
code postal :32160